Saturday, January 28, 2017

Card Class--January 2017

Along with starting a blog, one of my New Year's resolutions was to spend some more time with friends.  

I decided that I wanted a way that I could bring a few people together at a time in order to de-stress and keep in touch.  I also wanted to use the back room that Dave worked so hard to update and complete.  So, I picked a day, sent out some invites and had people over for...my first card class.


About two years ago, my friend Kathleen invited me to join her and go to the card classes she went to.  We both share a love of crafting, and I had just recently discovered card making.  I agreed to go along, and the rest is history.  I go to class once a month, and each time we make a few different cards and learn new techniques.  It's one of my favorite ways to de-stress, and it's a great way to spend a Sunday night before I have to go back to work on Monday.

After two years of taking classes with Diane (check her out over at Stampin' Rainbow...her cards are lovely!), I figured I was ready to have some myself.

I spent some of my spare time in the weeks leading up to class coming up with ideas, prepping, and getting everything in order.  

I wanted the first class to be easy enough that my friends who aren't so crafty wouldn't get frustrated, but also to create some cards that they would want to share with their friends and family.  I also wanted it to grab their interest so they would agree to keep coming and spending time with everyone.

Thinking of my most used cards, I came up with thank-yous and birthday cards.  Valentine's is also around the corner, so I figured a couple of romantic cards would also be a good idea.

It was set up so that we made 2 of each design.  I pre-cut and put all of the stuff needed together, so that when everyone got here, all I had to do was show them how to stamp and assemble, and they did the rest!

In the end, we made two of the Brush Flower cards:




Two of the Peacock cards:

Two Valentines:


and two guy-friendly cards:





Check in the rest of this week for tutorials on all of the cards we made!

Tomorrow's post:  Tutorial for Work of Art Flower Card



No comments:

Post a Comment